Getting Started Screencasts
Register for an Account
- Click on the “Sign Up” button on the upper right-hand side of the page.
- Fill the form and create a profile.
Creating an Organization
- As soon as you create a user account, two buttons will appear. If your organization already exists on HDX, click on “Find my Organization”. Otherwise, click on “+ Request New Organization“.
- If you are creating an organization, fill in the request form and click “Submit”. The HDX Team will evaluate your request and get back to you in less than 24 hours.
Joining an Organization
- If you are joining an organization, click on the organization you want to join and then click on “Request Membership”. The administrator of that organization will review the request and get back to you.
After you are a member of an organization, you can submit data. To submit data click on the “Submit Data” button at the top of the screen.
Fill in the title, source, and description of the dataset. Make sure the description is thorough, but remember you can always come back and edit it later.
HDX is an open platform for data exchange. Select one of the open-data licenses in the following list — or just put “Other”. Once you add the data, you can click on “Edit” to make changes.
Updating a Resource
- After you’ve logged into your account, click on the dataset you would like to update.
- On the dataset page, click on the “Action” dropdown menu and then on “Edit”. This will lead you to the Edit screen.
- Select the “Resources” tab on the Edit screen and select the resource you would like to update.
- Fill in the details and click on “Update Resource”.